|African Minerals (SL) Limited
154 Wilkinson Road
African Minerals (SL) Ltd is inviting applications from interested candidates for the position of
Logistics Accounting Officer-Services
This position is open to qualified Sierra Leoneans, and women in particular are strongly encouraged to apply. The deadline for all applications is 14th September, 2011.
This role will report to the Commercial & Business Operations Analyst and the successful candidate will be required be base at a location to-be-determined.
The primary function of the Logistics Accounting Officer is to support the Port Management Team with all administrative and accounting duties, including preparation of purchase requisitions, SAP data entry and invoice reconciliation in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Administrative and Accounting Management:
- To oversee and maintain the integrity of all logistics transactions of the business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and enforcing all company financial rules, regulations and procedures for the sites.
- Contributing to and developing policies and procedures to govern finance and accounting specific functions within country.
- Ensuring all invoices submitted for payment include appropriate supporting documentation to mitigate issues of fraud, error, duplication, overpayment etc.
- In collaboration with Bollore, providing vessel arrival information for Logistics Tracker update.
- Maintaining a daily register of all vehicles and equipment hired by AML in support of the port logistics function, including logging hours of operation of all MHE.
- Monitoring contract compliance of Logistics Service Providers.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining reporting deadlines set by the Commercial & Business Operations Analyst
- Production of specific reports set by the Commercial & Business Operations Analyst.
- Have appropriate authorisation to operate vehicles and plant and complete all jobs/tasks as required by AML Safety Management System.
Education & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business accounting or relevant field.
- Advance computer knowledge and administrative skills in Microsoft Office.
Skills & Abilities:
- A strong supervisory background and high degree of computer literacy are key elements to the role.
- The position assumes a strong Accounting technical background.
- Sound working knowledge of Accounting Systems.
- Ability to create and update meaningful spread sheets and documents.
- Capable to plan and coordinate multiple projects to meet work schedules.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply accounting and commercial evaluation principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate information at all levels with accuracy.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a logistics accounting officer or in a similar role.
- Must have had Purchase Ledger experience.
- MS Excel experience very essential.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a proven track record of managing customer relationship.
Applicants are required to send their CV and Cover Letter online to firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand delivery to African Minerals (SL) Ltd, 154, Wilkinson Road, Freetown.
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.